The role requires the development of existing connections and leads, as well as identifying and building new relationships to deliver upwards of $250,000 in new funds per year. You’ll coordinate with our Chief Executive and brilliant, friendly, multidisciplinary program teams to develop viable, fundable proposals, manage and report on grants, and act as the primary relationship manager for funders. You will need to be resourceful in identifying potential new funders and quickly learn how the organization works.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator, proactive and tenacious in finding and following up on leads, flexible and collaborative in approach, with a good knowledge of the broader funding landscape and relevant and active connections and networks.
As the Director of Fundraising, you’ll lead our fundraising efforts, crafting and executing a robust strategy. Your primary goal is to ensure the sustainability and growth of our mission to provide medical assistance to those in need. This involves assembling and supervising a dynamic fundraising team.
- Develop and refine a three-year fundraising plan, with a focus on U.S. donors.
- Create, implement, and continually assess a strategic fundraising plan aligned with our financial needs and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for fundraising growth, assess current activities, and propose improvements or new initiatives.
- Monitor for new funding opportunities and contribute to the organization’s broader strategy by understanding the funding landscape.
- Recruit, train, and lead a diverse team of fundraisers, including paid staff and volunteers.
- Cultivate a collaborative and mission-driven environment to keep the team motivated and productive.
- Build and nurture relationships with current and potential donors to establish a loyal donor base.
- Organize donor-related events, meetings, and campaigns to enhance engagement and recognition.
- Maintain transparent communication with donors about the organization’s achievements and future plans.
- Ensure that the organization’s website functions well, clearly explains how to donate, and stays up to date with current trends.
- Collaborate closely with the finance team to set annual fundraising goals and budgets.
- Monitor fundraising activities to ensure they align with budgetary constraints and objectives.
- Provide regular fundraising updates to the Board and other stakeholders.
Marketing and Outreach:
- Work with the marketing and communications teams to create materials that effectively convey our impact and needs.
- Represent Health & Help at conferences, events, and media engagements to promote our mission and explore potential funding opportunities.
We believe this position would be a good fit for you if you have some or all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business administration, public administration, marketing, communications, or philanthropy required; advanced degree in related field a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector with a focus on health or international development.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful fundraising strategies.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in team management and development.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Proficiency with donor management software and tools.
- Passion for Health & Help’s mission and commitment to serving underserved communities in Central America.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – able to capture the breadth of our experience and synthesise it for the needs of each proposal
- Ability to develop the strategic relationship between communications, events and fundraising
- Practical and organized in record keeping and reporting
- Ability to evaluate grant opportunities and comprehensively break down proposal requirements into manageable tasks
- Technically savvy with demonstrated experience with relevant databases and applications
- C1 English level is required, Spanish proficiency will be a plus
This is 2 years long contract with the potential prolongation with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Deadlines and dates
The application deadline is December 8, 2023.
Your application should consist of a CV and cover letter. We’ll rely on your cover letter to show us why your skills make you a good fit for this role when we are shortlisting candidates, so take your time getting it right. There will also be a practical exercise for longlisted candidates to complete.
As one of the most creative and passionate non-profit organizations since 2015, Health & Help is committed to making the world a better place by helping people not to suffer from preventable diseases where it’s difficult or impossible to get medical help. We have created a unique culture unlike any other NGOs. We’re strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, compassionate, and most of all: passionate about our work.
We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, grateful patients, and delighted volunteers.
At Health & Help, you’ll experience an unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential.
As an equal opportunity organization, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.